Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Special Olympics Torch Run

Today was our Special Olympics Torch Run sponsored by the Police Department. The course was 2 miles down the main street of our town escorted by police vehicles. Do you want to know the best part of the whole thing? Kyler ran the whole way and finished the course with the help of his Uncle Ben. Two miles in the sun is a very long way on 5 year-old legs. I have never been so proud of him in my whole life! What an accomplishment. I was thrilled that he had such a great experience. One of the main reasons I have started the Special Olympics team is to have a positive impact on my children. Today when I saw him at the finish line - I knew it was all worth it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

How awesome! I've thought of doing something with the special olympics for that same reason. I should check into it. You guys are the best!

Clarissa Meegan said...

That brought tears to my eyes--and I wasn't even there! Way to go Kyler, and way to go Western Fam!

DeEtta said...

You are my Hero today. Also an awesome experience for your whole family.

Toshi's Tidbits said...

That is so cool!!! It made me cry.
YOu are so amazing!
love all of you!

and tell Millie to get better!

Sara and Brad Forbush said...

That is awesome! Good work Kyler!!!