Thursday, October 23, 2008

Girls Weekend

Millie and I spent the weekend at my friend Saundra's home for our annual "Girl's Weekend." I get together every year with my 3 best friends from high school - Ellen, Jenny, and Saundra. This year we were lucky enough to have Saun's sister Laura join us as well. Saundra was a gracious hostess. She has a beautiful new home and put us up in style. We ate every minute we were there. I am going through chocolate withdrawals even as we speak. We did a little shopping, went to Cafe Rio, and to the movie "The Secret Life of Bees." The best part was catching up, talking, and laughing together. Every year we exchange our "Favorite Things" and it feels like Christmas. It is such a great weekend to recharge my batteries and it gives me a new appreciation for my husband and kids. Thank you ladies for a fantastic time. I am already looking forward to next year.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I am so jealous of you!! That looks like so much fun. Tell Dan hi for me and do the little field goal kick thing for me. Ha Ha, do you guys go home for Christmas or anything, I would love love love to see you!

Emily said...

What fun. This is so cool. It is really neat that you all have made the commitment to stay in touch and do this each year. Friends like these are hard to find.

Lisa said...

What a fun idea. Looks like you guys had a great weekend.