Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Any Advice for Kyler?

During primary on Sunday, Kyler told me his arms were itching. I helped him undo his shirt sleeve buttons and was shocked to see his arms covered in hives. They seemed to come from nowhere. I quickly tracked down a nurse in our ward and she recommended Benadryl and a bath. Benadryl takes them away instantly, but in 4 hours like clockwork, they come back with a vengeance. We have not changed any soap, shampoo, or laundry detergent. I can't track down anything different that he is eating. I am stumped. The doc said there is nothing they can do and just try to figure out what he may be allergic to. The poor boy has been covered with hives for the last 4 days. This happened to him once when we were living in San Fran two years ago. We never found the cause. If any of you have advice on getting rid of hives, let me know. Kyler will appreciate it.

9 comments:

Bruce said...

This same thing has happened to two of my girls as well. I will be checking back to see if anyone gives you good advice!

Amy said...

Aunt Diane had that when she was little if she ate too many oranges?!

JENNY said...

I've tried milk baths... sometimes worked... and oatmeal in the bath sometimes helped... hummmm drugs!!!

JENNY said...

I feel sooo sorry for him... (sorry I jumped the gun a little on the publishing...)

Saun and Wes said...

Oh, sad Kyler! This same thing happened to me the day I graduated from BYU. I wasn't eating anything different. I had followed my exact same routines as normal. I have no idea how I got them. My eyes were almost swollen shut. I have never had them since. Have no idea what caused them. However, my dad gets bad hives after he eats brussel sprouts (or so he claims...) Did Kyler eat any?

Saun and Wes said...

I am glad Kyler got to see the BYU game. I'm sure that will be a very fond memory for him. And I am so happy that you will get your computer back. Yay! I hope you get your pics. Poor kid-he needs to go to primary...

e.brooke said...

Did he have to give a talk in primary that day? Perhaps he is allergic to anxiety? That is pretty much the big thing that my family deals with...and so I thought it might be worth a guess.

Of course, I may be way off...anxiety may just run in our own little bunch?

Suzy & Todd said...

Yikes, those got bad. I don't think I should tell anyone in my ward I'm a nurse, just in case someone has a scarry outbreak of smomething and they expect me to know what to do. I have No idea, but now I'll know what to say for hives.

RCA said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/cara-cek-usia-dan-nomor-kartu-telkomsel-simpati