Yes, I truly believe I have found the secret to contentment. Who knew it would come in the form of Ziploc freezer bags and numerous cans of Cream of Chicken Soup. I am proud to say that in my freezer at this moment I have meals prepared for the WHOLE MONTH!
Since adding Millie to our family, I have felt like I don't quite have enough time for everything in the day. Sound familiar? When I was growing up, my Mom would undertake this cooking project every couple of months. Several years ago she gave me the cookbook that she used. It is called "The busy person's guide to cooking." It is a dream and comes with a complete shopping list for everything you need to buy. I spent one afternoon cooking the chicken dinners and the next cooking the hamburger meals. They consist of things like lasagna, chicken pockets, chicken enchiladas, sloppy joe's, etc. It is such a nice feeling to not have to dread making dinner every night - and the cleanup is so much easier when you do it all at once. Additionally, I was surprised to find that I spent about the same amount of money at the grocery store that I typically do- but the food stretches even further.
If any of you are interested, leave a comment and I will post the recipes and instructions.





10 comments:
Supermom! I totally remember mom and Shari going on these kicks every few months! I would love to get the recipes...I could use a few nights of just sticking a meal in the oven!
I am way impressed, I would love to get the recipes, I think my biggest stress right now is figuring out what to have for dinner!
Awesomeness. YES please post the recipes!
Please share...I've been stocking my freezer getting ready for the new twins and I'd love some tried and true recipes. We've already started eating some of them on the days where I'm feeling too worn out to think about dinner. I've never made a whole months worth. Just one or two meals a week. Thanks in advance! Oh, BTW I'm Mandy - Amos's sister.
I would love it! Me and my family would be very happy! :)
Hil, you are quite the homemaker and in Clarissa's words, "Supermom." I would love these recipes or book thing. It would be nice not to have to think about what to cook-just to have it all planned out and ready.
Thanks, Saun
Yes please.
Hillary,
I'm so impressed! I would definately love your recipes(and your motivation and energy!)
Thanks for sharing,
Jamie Maughan
Wow, I am impressed with 3 little ones. Heck, I can't even do it now with 2 older ones. Yes, pass on the recipes, I would love it. Would make my hectic day so much better.
Cute Easter pics. Chelsea is very excited to be coming back to school. She starts the 21st of April. Sterling and Pres. Dillender will be driving them out again without me:( Someday I will be able to visit, mayby when Lyndsey goes out next year, 2009.
You are great and we miss you and the family.
Hillary,
This is Natalie Giddens' sister, Paula. I would love to have the recipes posted has well. So impressed.
Post a Comment