Thursday, March 13, 2008

Audit

So right now I am sitting at my kitchen table on the computer while two ladies from Health and Welfare are in my office...kind of a strange feeling. They are here to conduct an annual audit of my Service Coordination Agency. They are going through all of the work I have done in the past year with a fine tooth comb. I have put many many hours into getting ready for this audit and hope that I have done enough. I cannot wait until today is over!
My wonderful SIL Heather is watching my kids for the day. FYI, I am nursing Millie and she can only be away from me for about 2 hours...so we are kind of playing things by ear. (While typing the last sentence I accidentally wrote that I was still nursing Halle. If that was the case, Health and Welfare may be in my office for a different reason). I sent Millie with a bottle (which she has never ever used and that I bought for this special occasion). So wish Heather good luck.
It is crazy being at my own house without any kids for a few hours...almost a dream come true (don't take that the wrong way, children...but as any of you Mom's know, how often are you in your own house without the rest of your family? Never.) I wish I could be working on all sorts of creative, meticulous projects, or even just that I could hop back under my down comforter and have a nap. But instead, I am sitting quietly on my own couch feeling like I am awaiting an interrogation. Did I mention how glad I am going to be when this day is over?

2 comments:

simplycreating said...

All right Millie is amazing. she took to the bottle without any problems. What a girl. I'm so glad you can get this day over. I wish you many bubble baths and foot massages this weekend.

Bruce said...

I can't imagine. I have a hard enough time having someone read my meter in my fenced backyard, I can't imagine having someone in the home for that long. Good luck!