Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yeah...I'm a bridge jumper

The purpose of this post is not to document myself in a swimming suit. When I was at home last weekend, we jumped off the bridge by my house. We used to do this almost daily in the summer when I was growing up. Until last weekend, I hadn't done it in years -in fact, Dan said that he had never seen me jump. Hitting the cold water was such a familiar feeling. It almost took me back to being a little kid.
In this picture, Halle is standing right behind me. I was exactly her age (3) when I fell off this exact bridge in the middle of November and almost drowned. I wish I could have shown my Mom this picture all those years and let her know that everything was going to be OK. She would never believe that 25 years down the road I would have my own little blonde girl running up to the canal. It is shocking to me how fast my little kids are growing up. I wonder if I will get to have a picture of Halle standing by this bridge with her little girl in 25 years.

2 comments:

Jordan and Jenny said...

Well, you do look great in a swim suit. I'm glad that you've been taking advantage of this summer and doing lots of fun things. I actually went golfing for the first time in 2 years last week, and boy it showed. That's about as adventuresome as we've been in a awhile.

Saun and Wes said...

I can't believe Halle's hair is so long! She is such a doll. And you look cute in your swimskirt. My question is, did Halle want to jump too?