Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Crib is Still Empty....

If you have been curious- the stork has not made any deliveries to our home. For some reason I was expecting her to be here by now... luckily I am not the one in charge. Here are a few reasons that I am so grateful things have worked out the way they have:
1. Halle is now over her Pneumonia. The thought of her being so sick and not being able to enjoy our new arrival was very sad to me.
2. On Friday afternoon I got a letter from the State of Idaho stating that representatives from Health and Welfare would be at my home on January 31st and February 1st to conduct an annual audit of my agency. I knew this took place one time a year, but never expected it to be the day after my due date. I nervously called H &WF and they said they could push the audit back by two weeks. It takes a great deal of preparation to get ready for a Sate audit. Every I has to be dotted and T crossed from everything you have done within the past year. I had Dan watch the kids all day yesterday and worked in the computer room for literally 10 hours. If I would have had to do this in the first two weeks of my babies life, I would have been devastated. What a blessing!
3. My Mom's cousin and daughter came all the way from California to attend the open house of the Rexburg Temple this week. I am grateful my Mom was not faced with the dilemma of who to take care of.
(If you would like a little "Too Much Information" I have been dilated to nearly a 5 since my doctor's appointment on Thursday. So seriously, how much longer could it be?)

8 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Oh Hil, what a blessing that little girl has stayed put. But the gig is up - a 5!!! You should be having your little one any second now. Good luck!!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Thank Goodness! Glad you held up the weekend for my sake!

Bruce said...

Wow! I can't believe you are at a 5 and still at home! That is a blessing that you were able to get all that done with before she comes! HURRAY, now you can just relax and enjoy when she comes! :)

jaredelizabeth said...

Man, I hope you are ready, Dan has a cell phone, and the hospital is close because we don't want that baby born in the car on the way or at home. With how small you and that baby are, she is going to pop out and you won't even know it. Can't wait to see her!

Ellen said...

Ok Hilary. Now is the time to live the well-known advice of carrying a pickle jar around with you wherever you go. You'll need it when that baby makes her arrival in line at WinCo!!! Good Luck - you are a pro by now. You'll do great. I'm very happy for you and Dan. Love, Ellen

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!

Jake and Annika said...

I can't believe it! I thought for sure you would have a little one by now! I agree, a huge blessing you were able to accomplish everything you needed to before the big arrival.

Saun and Wes said...

Hil, I am glad you find positive things in your pregnancy going further than you wanted to to. You are such a positive person. Well, it is now Tuesday and I am wondering if now you have had your baby since you posted on Sunday. Maybe you should post something every day so we know for sure. I am sure you have time to just sit at the computer and blog huh? Well, good luck. I am thinking about you every day now.