Ellen and I have been friends since High School - I was a bridesmaid at her wedding. We have had so many fun times together. Ellen was the first one of our high school friends to get married and have babies. We have all followed her example - got married, had a baby boy, then had a baby girl (she then had a another baby boy and another baby girl - so we have some catching up to do). Ellen is the epitome of a wonderful Mother. When we were together this summer she said something along the lines of, "I consider being a stay-at-home Mom my job. If I were to work for a company I would give 110% all day and would constantly try to do my best and come up with creative ideas. Since being with my kids is my job, I try to work as hard teaching them and taking care of them every minute of my day - just as if it were a paid full-time job." OK, so I didn't say that as eloquently as she surely did, but you get the picture of her wonderful attitude. Ellen is 100% proactive in everything she does. She is an analyzer who figures out the best way possible to do anything. When I was on the phone with her today I joked that I should call 1-800-D R. E L L E N to talk to her as she gives as good of advice at "doing the right thing" as Dr. Laura. Happy Birthday Ellen! You are amazing.
I met Josie at church on my first Sunday in San Francisco. I had prayed so hard that there would be someone in the huge city that would be like me and be my friend. Josie came walking up to me in her jazzy knee lengths boots and perfect accessories and was that answer to my prayer. It turns out that we were the very same age, were at BYU the same time, went to BYU Jerusalem just months apart from each other, and had little boys close to the same age. After meeting her, I knew I would be taken care of in San Francisco. Josie was so good at inviting us to do things and making sure I was surviving the city.
Josie is hilarious! I honestly don't know of a funnier person on the planet. She has a way with words that can cheer anybody's day. Josie makes everything fun and is the life of any party. I loved to be around her to hear what hilarious story she would tell next. She is a California girl who knows all about style - something a "country bumpkin" from Idaho could only admire. Meeting Josie has been such a blessing to me. Happy Birthday Josie!





3 comments:
Aw, you're sweet. ;-)
wow, what a tribute...i almost feel like i was just able to read my own obituary!
i was SO excited when you and dan moved into our ward, and i still think that you should move back. that whole job and family thing in idaho, whatever. we miss you!
Wow! Hil-Dog you really are a DOVE! But, believe it or not, there really are days when I don't give 100%. But, do believe me when I say that having you for a friend makes me want to be a better person. I'm blessed to have you in my life. Love you. Ellen.
I LOVE your blog....
Post a Comment