Saturday, February 17, 2007

My Halle

I turned around the other day and realized that Halle is no longer a baby, she is living in the ranks of toddlerhood. When did this happen? Her clothes labels now read 2T, her hairdo's require barrettes, and her size 4 tennis shoes are too small. I often fumble over my words when people ask how old she is. I am used to giving her age with a response in a calculation of months. I now say, "She is almost two."
.
Halle is trying to prove to us all that she deserves the classification of a toddler. She says No! 3,212 times a day, she frequently tries to take her clothes off all by herself, she wants to go on the slide at the park alone, and she is no longer comfortable letting Kyler choose all of the books for storytime. As trying as this stage is at times, there are a several things that I am enjoying about having an almost-two year old girl.
.
She brushes the hair out of her eyes all by herself, when she giggles - it is as if these little laughs have come from clear down at her toes, her favorite books to read have "Barbie" in the title, she shares my admiration for her dad and gets a little jealous when he kisses me first upon returning from work, she understands the happiness that "choc-it" can bring, and she knows that mascara goes on your eyes, lipstick on your lips, and blush on your cheeks.
.
Yes, I may be waxing a bit sentimental over the fact that my baby is growing up. But as long as she continues to snuggle with me when she is sleepy and reach for me when she is sad, I will be OK.

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

I LOVE this picture and scrapbook page. I can't believe that they are almost all two! Where does the time go?

Emily said...

I know exactly what you mean! Roo picks up the foot stool, drags it over to the window, climbs up and says, "look mommy, kitty cat, birdies." then when she trips on the floor she stands up and say, "mommy kiss? it's okay mommy. it's okay."

So fun. But also--she is so emotional! Wow! A preview into the teenage years I think. ;-)