Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

I have said often that I got good genes from my Mom. She has had 8 kids, no problem. She wears a size 2. She is as happy every minute of her life. She takes care of anyone that remotely needs taking care of. She is talented in so many ways. If I could be just like her, I would have it made. That is really my goal in life.
Today was her birthday celebration...and was it a celebration! My Mom, sister and sister-in-law, and cousins got together at my cousin Jenny's home for the afternoon. We started the party with mock margaritas and were fed like queens. Jenny had prepared a gourmet menu for the occasion - Next Food Network Star...here she comes.
We ate and laughed all afternoon.
I love being with my Mom and her sisters. They are amazing ladies. They love their families, chocolate, and each other. What more is there? Happy birthday Mom! Thanks for a wonderful day Jenny!

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

We are such lucky ladies to have our mom! And you are such a lucky lady to have gotten together with such a fun group! Wish I could've been there!

Jill said...

Hilly,
Thanks for the compliments. It's a funny thing though. I try everyday of my life to be like you. YOu are such a great example to me. It was so fun to see you. Could you have looked a little cuter? No I don't think so!!!