Sunday, August 26, 2007

Summertime...and the livins' easy.

I went to the store yesterday and the swimming suit section was replaced with Columbia coats. Among others, this sight has caused me to wax sentimental over the days of summer and wonder where did our summer go? We have had so much fun and can't believe that tomorrow we will see the school bus driving by our house. Here are a few summer pictures that have not made the blog thus far, enjoy!
Dan's family has a cabin very close to Big Springs in Island Park. We were able to get away to the cabin twice this summer. It is one of Dan's favorite places on earth. This is a picture of Kyler looking at the fish at Big Springs.

The fish at Big Springs just wait at the bridge for food. Does this happen anywhere else?Our hillbilly family at the Redneck Reunion.

Kyler is in training to become the next Tiger Woods.

Me at my 10 year class reunion - I actually had a lot of fun. Everyone seemed to be in the same boat; 2 or 3 kids and just getting going in careers. Dan was a good sport and enjoyed the evening as well. Dan turned 27 in July and we were the same age for a little over a month.My sisters and Grandma at Suzy's bridal shower. We threw a great shower and were very proud of our entertaining abilities.

Our family waiting for Old Faithful to go. You can't have a summer in Eastern Idaho without visiting Yellowstone Park at least once. We have loved our garden this summer. As you can see, we have had squash coming out of our ears. I am starting to wonder what else I can possibly make with Zucchini.

Kyler, Halle and I loved swimming lessons this summer. Halle and I took a Mommy and Me class - so we all got in the water everyday. Kyler somehow managed to not put his head under the water the whole two weeks - he may be repeating the beginner class next year.

Oh how we enjoyed being on the boat this summer. It was so fun to ride the tube with Dan and Kyler.

2 comments:

Clarissa Meegan said...

I loved this post. It is always crazy to go back and review things you have done in the past few months. I'm so glad that we got to see you so much this summer...and luckily it will only be a few weeks until we are together again! Yeah!

simplycreating said...

I enjoyed looking at all your fun pictures. It was great memories as I realized all the fun things we got to do with you guys this summer. I love living by you. Thanks for the great times.