Thursday, August 2, 2007

Her Arm...My Heart

So we had a little mishap on Monday. Halle was playing at a friends house when she fell off of a little chair onto her arm. She was so sad all evening - I knew something was not right but didn't think 2 year old bones broke when falling from such short distances. I took her to Urgent Care first thing Tuesday morning...and her arm was BROKEN! They told me it was out of line and would have to be set. We went to the orthopedic bone specialist today to have it looked at and to get her cast. My prayers must have been answered, because he decided that her arm was straight enough and did not need set. Her break is just above her wrist, yet she has a full-length cast because 2 year-old's can wiggle out of anything. Halle, Kyler, and I went to the store this morning and picked out a special dolly for her. We took the dolly to the doctor and asked to have the dolly's arm casted as well. Halle is so proud of her cast and her dolly she can hardly stand it. She has done great and has not been slowed down by it a bit. I am so proud of her.

Halle and her temporary splint.

Halle and dolly with matching bright pink casts.

11 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Seriously, that's one of the cutest things I've seen in awhile. I can only imagine how much worse her broken arm hurts you than her. But with that grin - goodness! How can you not feel better just by looking at her. Good job Mom on keeping your cool!

Clarissa Meegan said...

Thank goodness all went well today and it wasn't worse then it could have been (osteoporosis :)) Great thinking on the doll---they look so cute together!

Saun and Wes said...

Hil, how sad and sweet at the same time. You are such a thoughtful mom to have her doll's arm cast as well. I never would have thought of that. You are such a good mom. Halle, Kyler, and ??? are lucky to have you.

Marissa said...

Kyler told me what happened, and how funny it was to watch Halle in the bank showing off her cast and her doll! So cute. I'm glad everything worked out!

Heidi said...

I am so sorry about her arm, but she sure looks cute with the hot pink cast on her arm.

jaredelizabeth said...

It's amazing how tough they are at that age. Mia broke her arm when she was 2 and she was just as brave then as she was this last month. You are right...it doesn't slow them down at all. You are lucky they didn't have to set it....I almost fainted when they told me what they were going to do. Good luck keeping it dry...that's the hardest part.

Jake and Annika said...

What a sweet idea! Hope you get feeling better, Halle!

Salt H2O said...

Your little girl makes the cutest faces!

The matching casts are so cleaver.

Emily said...

Hilary, what an awesome idea! I am going to remember this one. I showed Joe, it was so cute and precious (and owie!).

Lisa said...

What a good idea to have the doll get a cast as well. We are so sorry about the whole incident, though!

Ben's Major Jaw Reconstruction said...

What a great idea to put a cast on the doll's arm! You are so creative! Halle looks so cute in the picture! What a tough little girl!