Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Hilary!!!

Yes, I know I hacked into your blog to wish you a happy birthday. I would like to make this post on behalf of Hilary's Birthday. Hilary is one of the sweetest people I know. She has more friends than anyone I know because people are drawn to her and she loves them all. I have never heard her talk bad about anyone, she is always happy even when she's pregnant, she wears the jazziest clothes and always looks great, and isn't afraid to be seen with me when I go to the store in my hat and no makeup. I could list a million things I love about Hilary, starting with how great a mom and wife she is , but I would honestly be here all day. I thought I would post this blog so everyone else could wish her a happy birthday and tell what their favorite thing about Hilary is. I know she is going to be so embarrassed, but in the words of Aunt Maxine, she deserves to have her bucket filled. Happy Birthday Hilary and I know you have already forgiven me, because you can't be mad at anyone for to long. I love you, Happy Birthday. Love, Heather

14 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you Hilary. All I have to say is that Hilary is the sweetest, and jazziest mother and wife I know. She is so talented in everything she does. I hope you have a great birthday Hil. Love ya, Heidi

Ben's Major Jaw Reconstruction said...

Happy Birthday Hilary!!! You are such a good hostess! We love staying with you because you always make us feel so at home. You are genuinely interested in other people, which makes it easy for anyone to talk to you. Happy Birthday! Love ya!!!
~*Ben and Janae*~

Clarissa Meegan said...

Hil--Happy B-day!! I love that Heather hacked into your blog to do this. I would say one of the greatest thing about you is that you are always so interested in people, and super thoughtful. I'm so lucky to have you as my big sister. Hope you had a wonderful day!

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Happy Birthday! My favorite thing about Hilary is how happy and positive she always is. It's impossible to be in a bad mood when Hilary is around!

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday to you!
We hope you had a wonderful day. Thank you for making Daniel complete and for being a great wife and mother to our grandchildren. We couldn't have asked for more. We love you!
Mom and Dad Western

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Hilary, what a great picture.

Hilary said...

This is Dan, not Hil I just don't have an account to get into this so I use hers.

Anyways, Hilly is the best person in the whole world. I am so blessed to be her husband and eternal companion. She's what makes me tic each day, and the dream that I get to come home to every night. I love you Hilly and happy B-day sweetheart.

Emily said...

Okay--here is a very incomplete and inadequate list of memories and things I love about Hilary (mostly from college days):

-bus rides in Jerusalem (um, is it okay if we always sit by eachother? Because I just would rather sit by you.)
-Magnum Bars (in Jerusalem)
-riding a mule/pony? into Petra (and those nasty mule owners "quit touching my leg!")
-Petra ("Wanna hike up that gigantic dirt mountain to go see some ancient rocks in 100+ degree weather? Maybe next time...")
-sleep walking ("Hil, its okay, you can finish that in the morning." "oh...zzzzzzzz")
-egg white hair gel--and wacky morning bedhead
-chips and salsa
-dairy queen blizards (I think you deserve to go for your birthday!)
-checking the mail for missionary letters from Dan
-sending missionary letters and packages to Dan
-talking about how dreamy Elder Western is
-silently reading over and over the best parts of Elder Western's letters
-secretly making Instant Mashed Potatos ONE time (just to see what they were like--a great form of college rebellion for an Idaho girl, if you ask me! Of course I just breached your trust)
-that jazzy red car you drove!
-RS lessons (and how nervous you were, and how excellent they were)
-naps before bed
-always checking in on your aunt
-phone calls to your mom
-baseball stories about brothers
-sincere enthusiasm for school, classes, and your major
-Hilary's smile
-Hilary's blue eyes
-Hilary's blonde hair
-Hilary's straight, skinny body (except for when she's 9 mo pregnant and looks like she ate a big meal)
-letting me say things like "I could never marry Joe" and then letting me marry him and being happy for us! (Phew, glad I figured that one out. He's only the best match for me in the entire world! ;-))
-driving in life-perilous blizards to come to our wedding right after Christmas
-moving back to Idaho so that some day we can be nextdoor neighbors (when we get around to moving back too)

Okay, and then there is the list of virtues that Hilary has...and I'm not even going to start that list. But I just want to say to Hilary--you were such a wonderful, special, precious friend to me when I needed you most, and I love thinking about our time together in college. Those were the best years of college. And you are BEAUTIFUL (and totally a hot babe).

xoxo, Happy Birthday, xoxo,
Em

Salt H2O said...

Hilary, you were a FABULOUS example to me of goodness and love. On top of it all, you're HILARIOUS!

I hope you had a fabulous birthday.

Saun and Wes said...

Hil, you are a jazzy girl. I am so lucky to have a friend like you and felt honored to have gotten to hang aout with you all day on your birthday. It was so much fun! Love ya! --Saun

Jordan and Jenny said...

Happy B-Day again Hilary, even though I was there for the Chocolate cream pie. I had another piece of it topnight since you left it in my freezer. Thanks for spending the weekend with Jenny so I could have the kids all to myself.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Hil! We hope you had a great day. You are such a great sister-in-law and such fun friend. You are so talented and I love learning fun new things from you. We love you!

Lisa, Luke and Kiersty

P.S. I borrowed your picture of Wyatt and Ashlie for my blog. Thanks!

jaredelizabeth said...

Ok I have to things to say:
1- Happy Birthday! (I second everything that Heather said)
2- How in the world is that a picture of you nine months pregnant(previous blog)! I starred at it for at least two minutes not believing that a baby could fit in there....EAT SOMTHING WITH TONS OF SUGAR AND FAT before you fly away!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday... (from Sterling using Angie's account)
We miss you guys... South San Francisco Ward isn't the same w/o you .... but it looks like ya'll are having a wonderful life....