Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Let Me Explain

What about this picture could bring tears to my eyes? Let me explain. Kyler got a Lightning McQueen Sticker and asked if he could put it really high on his wall. I told him it was a good idea and expected to see it a couple of inches above his bed. When I walked into the room I was shocked to see that instead it was a couple of inches from the ceiling. Why would this make me tear up you ask? ....My little boy is growing up! He is now tall enough- and brave enough- to almost reach the ceiling, he goes to Sunbeams, he picks out chapter books at the library, he says words like "Fantastic" and "Interesting," and he volunteers to babysit Halle. He often tells me that he wants to be big like Daddy - I have decided that if he can't stay little forever, I hope he grows up just like his Daddy.

No comments: